Sutherland 2020 vs Parasound jc 3

thinking about going to the dark side-solid state with my next phono preamp. my system is a little on the warm full side. Want a phono that can rock hard as well as be delicate with vocals, small jazz. Do not want hum when i pick up the needle off the lp at volume. Would apprecite any thoughts of those that have heard both of these units in a system whith which they are very familiar. thanks in advance for your help
rlw3

Showing 1 response by audiojedi

I have a JC3 with a few hundred hours on it, the sound is definitely more fleshed out versus new but it's also fair to say that it is very neutral overall, not warm and romantic sounding by any means.

The bottom end on the JC3 is the best I've heard in my system so I would not characterize it as being truncated in the least.

It's also by far the quietest phono stage I've heard and very juicy in terms of gain as well.

I love mine but I can see how some may be looking for something different from a phono stage. Regardless of what you choose, I wouldn't take it too seriously until you have some hours on it.