Surround Equipment; McIntosh MC 207 VS MC8207 or Other Option

Audiogon Family,
I am little unsure about the surround equipment market, but after many hours of research and I am still have not completed yet, my head is on overflow.
I purchased a pre-owned McIntosh MX 121 months ago, but I learned that it was not a self contained unit, so now I need a 7 channel power source. So I'm think I need a MC 207 or a MC 8207 or is there another option?
I've learned the why now, but I want to ask the Audiogon family which unit and why?

Sorry if you read my request and it seems crazy I just want to be more well informed so I do not make this any sorrier then it has to be to enjoy my home entertainment equipment.

serious_kam
serious_kam
The 207 and 8207 are the same basic amp with the only difference being the meters. I have a 205 and am very happy with it, but I use a MC402 for the fronts as I have a dual purpose system and wanted a dedicated 2 channel amp for music. You can't go wrong with either amp.
Theo,
Thanks for your reply, I am separating because I was told that I would lose quality if I combine the stereo and the surround systems.  Thanks again I will move forward.

I have a 8207 in my HT system and it works great with my MX136 or MX121. I find that I have had to keep both pieces McIntosh for the triggers to work correctly. My 8207 replaced my new 205 which had a buzz coming out of the left rear. The 8207 is dead quiet. I thought I would miss the blue meters but for HT use I prefer to not have as much light in the room. When I purchased the 8207 I was told that it was the same as the 207 but with digital meters. I now have 2 separate rooms - one for 2 channel and one for HT. When I had a combined system I had MC601s for the fronts and used McIntosh passthrough. For me dedicated amps for stereo sounded better than everything going through the 8207.
I am new at this, but I am so thankful to be in company with some well  informed people about this great Audiogon Family and there willingness to give testimonies about equipment as well.
I will complete my surround sound equipment with the MC207, I am finished and thanks to each who reply.

serious_kam
I am sure you will be pleased with the MC207 amp for you HT. That is a beast of an amp and looks striking with those 3 blue meters.
Have an MX119 with an MC207. Love both pieces for both stereo listening and a rocking home theater. MX119 shares the same analog section as the C46 - incredible for stereo listening. MC207 is all you'll ever need for the most demanding home theater. MC207 definitely has the sweet Mcintosh sound that people pay up for.