surrender n200 vs n20

good morning. has anyone used or demo’d these 2 unites. i have a a20 and love it, also have a burmester 151mk2, like it even better. also have a aavik s180, nice piece as well.

i recently got a aavik u300 integrated for another system i am putting together, its a very nice piece. i used its dac with the 151mk2 unit, it is very good dac in the u300, not as good as the one in the 151 but its very nice.

therefore, i have decided to go back to aurender for the streamer, i like its app better than the aavik.

thoughts on the n200 vs n20, thanks

ckr1969

@ckr1969 

I have owned the N100H, N200, N10, and N20. I decided to keep the N20. I like the N200, but like the N20 better. Not only for the streamer’s sound quality, but also for its versatility for feeding many great DACs. The N200 only has USB digital output, whereas the N20 also has Coax and AES.  Synergy between components is very important. Have you tried both Coax and USB inputs to your Aavik? If you like it fed through its USB input, the N200 could be fine. You could test this with the USB output of your A20, which should give you similar results. You could also try the analog out of your A20 to the Aavik to see which you like better. But if you prefer the Coax input to the Aavik, or if you think you might upgrade DACs in the future the N20 would be my recommendation.  Also, the A20 isn’t much more $ than the N20, and you can test that option before buying. (Sorry for rambling. Hope this helps. )

@rockrider so you demo'd the n20 and n200 with same dac/system, the n20 sounded better, what are you impressions on what's better over the n200, thanks

That’s a good question because it is twice the money. I am glad I chose the Aurender   I looked at them alll.  No interest in Roon and it’s just another subscription I don’t want.  

I liked the removable storage and that it plays from memory.   The app is OK in terms of stability.  Sometimes I have to relaunch with my Tablet.  Seems fine with iPhone.   Minor inconvenience, these apps are always being tweaked and refined 

I like how easy it is to search and compile / edit play lists. 

This machine is right at the max I would want to spend given the associated gear. Still a lot of $$$ but my system is much better with it in the chain