surrender n200 vs n20

good morning. has anyone used or demo’d these 2 unites. i have a a20 and love it, also have a burmester 151mk2, like it even better. also have a aavik s180, nice piece as well.

i recently got a aavik u300 integrated for another system i am putting together, its a very nice piece. i used its dac with the 151mk2 unit, it is very good dac in the u300, not as good as the one in the 151 but its very nice.

therefore, i have decided to go back to aurender for the streamer, i like its app better than the aavik.

thoughts on the n200 vs n20, thanks

ckr1969

Showing 10 responses by oddiofyl

I just got the N200 and it's awesome.  No comparison other than the Bluesound Vault which it is good for the money but the Aurender sounds leagues better.  Next level performance in my system. 

I love it !!!

That’s a good question because it is twice the money. I am glad I chose the Aurender   I looked at them alll.  No interest in Roon and it’s just another subscription I don’t want.  

I liked the removable storage and that it plays from memory.   The app is OK in terms of stability.  Sometimes I have to relaunch with my Tablet.  Seems fine with iPhone.   Minor inconvenience, these apps are always being tweaked and refined 

I like how easy it is to search and compile / edit play lists. 

This machine is right at the max I would want to spend given the associated gear. Still a lot of $$$ but my system is much better with it in the chain

Many people tried talking me out of a high end streamer , saying a Raspberry Pi or PC or Mac sounds better than something like the Aurender.  No way !   They have never experienced a really streamer to be making that statement 

Main reason I chose N200 over 150 was the USB and SPDIF out and display.  

if I had a system that had components in the N20 price range and I could swing it I would.  The N200 and a great sounding DAC really is a great digital front end for someone like me who streams a lot.  I still listen to FM and CDs , BluRay Audio but most of the time it is some type of stream or playing back from some type of drive. 

I was very surprised how good the N200 sounds with .wav and .Flac files pulled from a HDD or my Vault.   Really good.   

I clicked on the support icon at night and when I woke up there was a response.  So far I feel this was one of the most worthwhile upgrades on a long time.  

I keep meaning to install the 4 TB SSD  but I can’t stop listening to it.