Supratek or Don Sachs - which way to go?

I'm preparing to replace my SS preamp with a tube unit and have read with great interest many threads on this board. This is where I learned about Don Sachs model 2 preamps. They sound like what I'm looking for and those who own them consistently express their satisfaction with them.

Now I've just been reading and learning about the Supratek lineup. Wow. These also sound like fantastic works of art. Leaving me with a new question about which way to go. 

Thoughts? Advice? Experience? Anyone care to share?
128x128markusthenaimnut
The internal layout of Supratek was never considered a secret to those of us ever considering or purchasing the brand. There has been no secrets uncovered here, the OP asked for opinions, and opinions were given. Frankly, Mick’s preamps have received as much, or more free, good press, from users on A’gon as any other product.

Those of you who mention that no one looks inside their equipment reflects your values and sense of curiosity, not all of ours. I applaud Ralph for providing his opinion and Mick for posting a picture on his blog.  Peace
Going forward, I would like to here more from owners of these preamps. I have been looking toward moving into a 6sn7 tube based preamp myself.
Me too, beautiful looking pre amps, I would like to know how the volume knob feels, if the remote is only for volume and if would hear any noise trough my speakers when no music is playing, my speakers are 8 ohm and 87db.
it would be nice if the pre would have a digital readout of the volume, but that would maybe hurt the beautiful design.
mesch and grphongryph, here are 3,688 posts in one thread as an introduction to Supratek.  It is the definitive thread.  They are nice looking for sure.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/preamp-deal-of-the-century
Hi everyone - 
Remember me? I'm the OP. I REALLY APPRECIATE everyone's comments on this thread. I am still learning and appreciate the discussion here. 
Frankly, I'm still on the fence about which of the two preamps I'm going to pull the trigger on. Mick's lifetime warranty is really cool and is a testament to his faith in his products. Having said that, living in the PNW in the US, Don Sachs is practically local, so shipping (should it be required) would obviously be a simpler affair.
I retired last Friday. This preamp is going to be a (notionally) final upgrade for my system. I think either one will be a wonderful change to my system. 
Thanks again - I'll post the results of my decision on this thread and my impressions of the new equipment when I get a chance. Still awaiting a final thumbs-up from SWMBO.
Markus