Supex 901 MKIV.... ??

Hi, I just recieved this Cart. as a 'gift' from my father!!!! He sent a technics EPC 100 too!!! But it is dead, both channels have no signal, and the suspension is shot. The Supex sounds GREAT I swapped it out with my Denon 103r, without really dialing in the tracking weight, I tried both the hi and low settings on the cinemag SUT, I prefer the hi setting by a hair.
Wondering what the proper tracking weight is for this cart, and what they sell for right now?
hxt1

Showing 2 responses by t_bone

I would start with a lower tracking force. The two 901 models I have had (neither of which were 901 Mk IV) were a standard SD-901 at 1.0-1.5g and a Super which was slightly higher but not above 2g. No clue about value of your Mk IV. They come up from time to time on Audiogon so you could wait and see...
Thanks.
Given a friend's recent experience with the Eros and a pre with phono I use, you don't need to step up from the Eros. I have had OK experience with the Grace F9. I have not used an Azden or Shure V15. As to capacitance, I think you want as little as possible. I also like the Empire 1000/4000s, the Technics 100C/101C/205CMk3, but I too tend to stick to my LOMCs...