Sunfire TGA5200? Did I make mistake vs Para A51?

OK, I've just ordered a new Sunfire TGA5200 for a ridiculously low price of$1300 (2800 list). I was going to buy a used Parasound A51 or Cary Cinema5 (2300), or even step it up a bit to a Theta Dreadnaught (around 2900), but felt I couldn't pass up the deal, and it saves me some cash to maybe upgrade pre/pro or cd/dvd, or add standalone integrated for 2 channel music. I am much more concerned with two channel music than HT, although I of course want my HT to sound good. It's just not critical. My current system is B&W N803/HTM1/DS7/Sunfire Sub, powered by a Pioneer vsx49tx receiver and fed by Pioneer dv47a. I thought that adding some serious power, especially at 4 ohms, would make a clear improvement. However, my concern is that maybe th Parasound, et al, would have been worth the 75%-100% cost differential over the Sunfire. Did I jump on a good deal at the expense of serious SQ?

Thanks, and looking forward to the broadsides, lol!!!
jeffkad

Showing 2 responses by mitch4t

Wait the Sunfire arrives and see how it sounds to you....you might like it.

I've never used a Sunfire multi-channel amp before. However, I own two Sunfire Signature stereo amps and they hold their own.

Wait until your Sunfire arrives and let your own ears be the judge.