Suggestions regarding preamplifier choice

I’ve been in this hobby for many years using myriad different and mid to high end components and have been generally lucky putting together equipment that worked well together. For the last 40 years I’ve mostly used panel speakers from Magnepan, acoustat and many different Martin Logan models. Recently, though, I bought a pair of Von Schweikert VR4 gen 3 HSE speakers which I think may be the most competent speakers I’ve ever owned. I still think that’s true but I also, for the second time, have a pair of old ML CLS2’s that I use with a pair of Velodyne Mini Vees and really love the sound maybe, the more laid back but still transparent and detailed sound.  I’m still trying to decide which pair to keep in the system which brings me to my question. I currently mostly stream music or use CDs using an Angstrom 200 preamp which I keep coming back to year after year and a Mark Levinson #27 amp. With either set of speakers. This setup sounds quite good but my next step gets a bit involved. I want to replace the preamp based on advice from several local audio hobbyists and I’m looking for suggestions based primarily on the described amp and speaker choices. Two example suggestions that they have are: Prima Luna with the VS’s or Bryston with the CLS’s. I think I understand the reasoning but am open to and asking for suggestions that won’t be cost prohibitive. Thanks
128x128broadstone
There are a plethora of positive reviews of the Freya and Freya +, including a pile from me. "My original version is absolutely perfect"...see?...there's another one. Obviously nobody makes anything that approaches a Freya tube preamp relative to input and output options, truly balanced operation, brilliantly designed super accurate 128 step relay volume control, and the ability to switch among 3 modes of operation including 2 that turn the tubes off to save 'em. Mine is extremely quiet, the new version claims to be quieter. Regarding cost, it's possibly the best deal in audio.
Soix, Your response is a perceptive observation regarding my apparent preference of speakers. I truly do enjoy both sets and the VS’s may be a bit more technically accurate but for some reason that I can’t quite put my finger on, the ML’s keep pulling me back in. Also, the Ml’s are easier to look at as furniture as my listening room is also our living room. The bottom line is that I’m really not sure what I’m looking for as Sonic improvement with a different preamp. Although I consider the sound of either system the way it now exists, to me at least, to be extremely good, the Angstrom is quite old with no upgrades and is not a dedicated two channel preamp, which leads me to assume that improvement is possible. Detail and resolution are extremely important to me. 
tvad and wolf_garcia, it looks like I’m going to try the Freya +; it makes little sense not to at this point. The Backert is well above my budget limits although an obvious high end contender. 
May I suggest you try a Schiit Audio Freya+ its $899usd made in USA, and gets fantastic review. Single ended, Balanced inputs outputs. Selectable tube buffer stage or SS buffer stage or passive. Remote.
👍 a winner

Cheers George
Without listing a budget, it is impossible for me to make a suggestion. Schiit stuff sounds exactly as it should considering the price. IMO not a giant killer just good sounding gear at a reasonable price. If you could find a used CAT (Convergent Audio Technology) this would be a suggestion.