Suggestions please: Upgrade from Krell KMA 160s

I would like help in finding an amplifier to drive Wilson WATT/Puppy 7's in a big room, with the following:
(1) Price under $8-10K
(2) Balanced inputs
(3) SS or Tube - doesn't matter
(4) Warm side of neutral - Krells too lean for me
(5) Soundstaging and musicality more important than Bass strength-
I'm looking at Classe (Dealer locally), Pass, BAT, Parasound Halo JC1 or any Tube amps that I'm not really familiar with but must have balanced inputs.
The Parasound would fit the bill but getting bad press for reliability/service/uniformity of production (in A'gon forums. Is Pass X350 really "lean"/thin side of neutral? They and Classe CAM 350s seem to get the best reviews........any Tube amps fit the bill?

I really appreciate any input/help.
Rest of system is Mark Levinson Ref 32 preamp, Esoteric DV-50, XLO Limited/Ridge Street Poiema!, Dominus interconnects
Thanks
springbok10

Showing 5 responses by springbok10

Brian,
I'm glad to hear that. My source is A'gon Forum and Google search. I have absolutely no hard data, no friends/Audiophiles who own them and am relieved to stand corrected. Look at the Discussion forum under "Why so many Parasounds for Sale" and "Parasound Service". Certainly, on paper it looks to be the best buy, I would have to agree...........I think it is important to clarify that this is probably all conjecture on A'gon members' part - so I will happily retract this unless someone gives personal experiences to the contrary.
Thanks for the input so far, A'goners!
Nrchy,
If I end up with the Wolcotts, and if they sound as good as the reviewer in Enjoythemusic.com says, I will owe you a good bottle of wine, as I never would have considered them.
Thank you!! I have to find a dealer though and it seems the closest to me is NJ or Va. So it may be that I buy a unit of this expense without listening first for the first time....
A'gon sure is a source of great information - since becoming an A'goner I bought a Totem Signature 1 and Jolida mod 502 (Underwood HiFi)- based on this Forum - and couldnt be happier with this little second system - source Naim 5 - in a small 12 X 12 foot room. Great, great combination. This has probably started my quest to go back to Tubes after 12 years with Krells.
I will look around for a used Wolcott 220 Presence or find a dealer to trade my Krells.
How are the Wolcotts with cone speakers? The reviews I have read have all been with electrostatics, like Lab Sounds A1.
Help!! A very honest Wolcott dealer told me he sold one set of P-220's to a Wilson owner (larger than 7) and it wasnt a good match. (I really respect this dealer's honesty) so am trying to get more input on Wolcott/WWP 7 combination.
Any other Tube amps with balanced inputs that can drive Wilson Watt Puppies in a really big room?
The bottle of great Cab that I threatened to give to Nrchy may have to go to someone else,:) although I really like what I read about Wolcott!
Any word/impressions on Atma-sphere?
Thanks again.
I am so far down to VTL-450, Atma-sphere and Wolcott but need someone to tell me how they sound with WATT/Puppies - I think I want Tubes but must have balnced inputs