suggestions for small speaker. floorstander of bookshelf.

i modded a pair of vandersteen 2c and i believe them to be too big for my 14' x 16' room. looking to downsize. i want to keep a full range sound. don't care if they are two foot tall. would like to be able to place them close to the wall. i live no place close to audition any speaker. i'm a strings, jazz vocals listener. i am looking at a pair of jse .8. i know they can't be the only option. thanks
dpm2340

Showing 5 responses by dpm2340

i am unfamiliar with using a sub with monitors. That may not be a bad thing but could somebody fill me in as to the hookup and placement of the sub. the gallo idea seems very interesting to me. do you need a separate amp crossover? i am clueless, sorry.
i am running the speakers with audio note kit el34 mono amps and an audionote kits L2 pre with many upgrades. actually i have even tried using just my wadia 121 dac. i am using silver cables as well and i think them to be bright. i am using a musical fidelity m1 transport.
it is not the bass i feel is an issue. it is more the mid and tweet. i turn them all the way down. will this x2 you speak of also help there? i don't really know if it's the speaker or the fact i am probably just 10' - 12' away when listening to them.
i will try to gather this info for you. it may take a day. i appreciate your concerns and help.