Suggestions for pure headphone amp around $200?

I am looking for suggestions for a new to me headphone amp with a budget around $200, maybe a little more for the right unit.
I do NOT need a headphone/dac, it will be fed by RCA analog from the line out of my BAT integrated.
One requirement is that it also has RCA analog outputs, so a pass through if you like, my present el cheapo Monolith head amp has this and it is near essential in my set up right now.
My present cans are HiFiman 4xx purchased from Drop.
I may be looking at better cans for Xmas so there is that to bear in mind for the new head amp.
Thanks and stay safe!
128x128uberwaltz

Showing 10 responses by uberwaltz

Really grown to like and appreciate the strengths of the Beyer combo.
While bass is not ear pounding, it is tight and tuneful and plentiful.
Imaging is glorious and mids and highs are sharp and very well detailed.

Obviously still lower rung stuff compared to what some people have for headphone setups but quite a way elevated from my previous setup.
Just an update.
I did find a package deal that was an excellent price so went with it.

Beyerdynamic A20 head amp matched with Beyerdynamic T90 cans, both designed to work together and the cans are 250ohm.

First play was last night and a world of difference from my old setup.
A lot clearer and pinpoint imaging, bass although maybe not quite as deep was much clearer and tunefull whereas old rig was more thud, thud on the bass.

For the money I am very happy, a hair more than $200 for the head amp if I split the prices up but way less than $300 so I got what I was looking for.
Many thanks for all the kind suggestions along the way!
Yes that's a lot of brass!
Nice but a little more than I was hoping to spend right now.
I'm digging all the suggestions and ideas though and much appreciated!
👍👍
It has been suggested, probably rightly so, that I really need to increase my budget a fair bit and more " future" proof my purchase of a head amp.
Pinwa.
Many thanks for your post and contribution.
Nobody is going to flame you I assure you.
All good stuff and interesting so no worries.
Enjoy the music and stay safe!
Lol Greg.

You could be right but as I still only use cans about 1% of the time I have a hard time justifying that expense in my head.

However I know it's a big vicious circle and the better the headamp/ cans the more I might use them.
Excellent stuff, both posts point towards Schiit gear.
Either the Asgard 3 or the Magnius both priced bang on $199.
Reading to do.