Suggestions for New/Used amp under $3500

My System : Von Schweikert Unifield 2 speakers. Preamp outputs from a Denon 3311ci receiver. Room size is small (12x 15 x 8) but opens up into dining and kitchen. Possibility of moving into a larger space so headroom is desirable.

Planning to order a couple of amps and keep the one i like. Ability to drive center channel also would be a nice (but not mandatory). New or used does not matter.

Wondering if i can do better than Channel Islands Audio d200 mk2 monoblock pair.

Based on reviews and recommendations i have considered the following options:
- Emotivas
- Odyssey
- parasound
- butler audio
roxito

Showing 6 responses by roxito

Based on online reviews, posts and personal suggestions, the following is my assessment of audio quality (not considering other factors like price, weight, size, heat, power consumption etc)

Emotiva < Odyssey < Butler < ci audio

Not sure where parasound fits in that ordering.

The Pass Labs X250.5 may be much better but does not appear to be within budget... even in the used market.
Hi Soix. Thanks for the suggestion. Surely would be interested in knowing more about how it feasible to do such a mix without making a incovenient mess.

my prefs:
5.1 music > stereo > movies
update.. i tried the d200 mk2 from ci audio and ended up returning them. Did some A/B against my Denon receiver and found it really hard to spot any difference. I was a bit surprised but at the same time pleased.
Since the whole exercise cost me a few hundred dollars (restocking fee + return shipping), i am bit reluctant to try other amps listed here.
Soix.... Actually CI Audio shipped me one of their Preamps (VPC3) when I reported lack of any significant improvements. That helped the comparison since it was easier to level match and A/B test the CI audio pre-amp + amp against the Denon by itself. It did not affect my conclusion.

Sources used: oppo bdb-80, google play music over chromcast,

Material: sacds, dvd-audio, stereophile test/sampler cds, google play streaming, some mp3 from my collection, etc.
BTW.. Thanks for your inputs.
Its not that i am having trouble getting goose bumps, i am just looking to see what improvements are feasible within that budget.