Suggestions for integrated amps for B&W CM10

I recently bought the Bowers and Wilkins CM10 speakers, currently paired with Peachtree Audio Nova 125. Although, the clarity and details are phenomenal, I can't help but notice two shortcomings:

1. At times, things get a bit too bright for my taste -- also, I would prefer a bit more warmth
2. It doesn't seem that the Nova has enough authority to drive the bass drivers that well. I just feel that I can get more from these speakers on the lower end without adding a separate sub.

Now, I do realize that the speakers are fairly new with less than 30 hours on them, so maybe things will get better after the break in period. And I also realize that the placement and the room characteristics are not ideal.

But having said that, I would be interested in suggestions for what other integrated amps (or even separates if affordable) go well with the CM10s and provide a bit more warmth and better base. Budget is under$2500, new or used.
128x128arafiq

Showing 1 response by dhl93449

In my experience B&Ws need decent power to sound good, and more important, lots of current from the power amp.

For a budget, I recommend Parasound power amps, the used discontinued HCA series, model 1500 or higher (200 W/Ch). Assuming of course you integrated amp has a pre-amp output to drive a separate power amp. You can often find these for about $500-600 used.

Regarding brightness, I have found for some B&Ws moving them a little further apart reduces the upper midrange re-inforcement you sometimes get. Clean power amplification is a must as these can be very revealing of HF distortion.