Suggestions For Infinity Speakers $500

Hello
I don't post too often so you may not remember me, but, I've got an assortment of speakers, and am thinking of adding a pair of Infinity's in the future. I have Crescendo 3009's now, but they're dedicated to the basement. They're also on the heavy side. I've had RS-6000's in the past, but they needed refoaming so I didn't really get to listen to them, and I sold them (kicking myself I think). I am very impressed with the EMIT tweeters so far.
I listen to mostly low volume stuff...not much rock-n-roll any more. I have some Vandersteens too, 2C, 2Ci and a 3. Eventually I will narrow all this down to 2-3 sets. So what ever Infinity's I get, they should be comparable or better than the Vandy 2 or 3, and the 3009 for that matter.
Room sizes are smallish, less than 20x20, with furniture. Vandy's seem to fill a room pretty well in all directions.

There are some RS III's not too far away, another pair of 3009's, some SM150's, but I can also wait for something better if needed.

I have read that Infinity's can be either real good or real bad...I'm trying to get a feel for what to watch out for, good and bad.

TIA
mikey44

Showing 1 response by mechans

Contact Miller Sound's Bill Legall He knows Infinity very well. BTW he could have refoamed your woofers there is no one that does it better.