Suggestions for Class D amplifiers with Marantz AV7704 and B&W cdm9nt combo for HT.

I am considering class D options for a multi channel HT setup. Partly because of where the amps have to go ( enclosed cabinet.  Not sure if fans will be enough to keep other amps cool enough.

I acquired a Marantz AV7704 and plan to use my current speakers ( B&W cdm 9nts and mated surrounds etc ) and so last piece is the amp. 

Are the current class D amps capable of reproducing solid sound quality across the board?

Used is okay. I was looking at:

wyred4sound
Red Dragon
ATI Hypenx

Will any of these mix well with my setup? If so - what else would you suggest to make the most of the gears? Certain fuses, power cords, ICs, etc... suggestions welcomed.

Are there other class D solutions that are a better fit?
lightfighter2018

Showing 1 response by brotw

@lightfighter2018,

That's what I found with a W4S ST-500mkii. Super clean, authoritative bass, not shrill by any stretch but a lack of meat on the bones. The DAC-2 being used as a pre was probably a bad match for the sound I was after. A tube pre might have sounded better.

Also, Live Dirac room correction focuses images and sharpens the presentation a good deal. This brings out the teeth on every note in a SS pre and class D amp combo. I prefered the older Parasound class A/B.