Suggestions for Cables between Playback Designs MPS-5 and Allnic L-3000 Mk 2 Preamp

There's no telling what kind of bee's nest this is going to stir up, but I'm looking for serious opinions so I'll ask anyway.  But please, let's dispense with all of the "cables don't matter" posts because obviously I think they do.  I understand that some people feel differently and that's ok.  I won't do or say one thing to try and make them think otherwise, and I'd appreciate the same.

So.....I will have a balanced connection between an Allnic L-3000 Mk 2 preamp and Plinius SA-Reference.  I will be connecting a Playback Designs MPS-5 Reference SACD/CD player to the Allnic and that's the cabling I would like your opinions on?  Balanced or Single Ended?  Brand of model of your recommendation?  Some information why?

To help frame this a little better I would need the cable about 1 meter in length, less is not enough and more than 1.5m is overkill.  I will definitely consider used and budget is $1k-$2k in the used market.  Some of the cables I've been considering are:
XLR - Acoustic Zen Absolute Silver
XLR - Shunyata Aurora
XLR - Tara Labs The One
XLR - Tara Labs The 2
Single Ended - High Fidelity Cables CT-1E Enhanced Series
Single Ended - High Fidelity Cables CT-1U Ultimate Series
I'm running SE High Fidelity Cables in my analog rig and are extremely impressed by them.

Thoughts anyone?
128x128timztunz

Showing 2 responses by pops

Hi Tim, there really is no good recommendation unless someone answers who has your same setup.   Even then it is all relative to too many other factors.  There are literally hundreds of choices and good ones too.  Trial and error and most of all experience with several wires is the only sure way to know what you like best. Also, there is endless research on the net to drill down to some possibilities.  No lecture just some info from someone experienced with years of hands on cable experience. 

I have an Allnic H3000 phono stage btw and it is very responsive to cable changes.  Guessing your line stage might be as well.  
Nice system and room!  Obviously you have more experience than I gave you credit for  - posted before looking at your system page.

I agree - wish there was a shortcut with cables!