Suggestions for a Pre-Amp for Welborne 300B DRDs

Looking to buy a pre-amp for Welborne 300B DRDs. Need suggestions/opinions on what people may have used and what worked well (and what didn't). (I have high efficiency speakers - 104db)
dkalsi

Showing 3 responses by dkalsi

I want to add that I have an option to buy a Django TVC (with S&B Transformers)for $1200. Is that a good price and will it mate well with the Welborne DRDs?

Thanks
Dhar
Darkmoebius,
Thanks you for you opinion. Do you think the 1200 for the Django with the S&B TVC is a good price? I find it a little on the high side, but I will be more than happy to pay that if that is truly the "market price"
Thanks
Hi Darkmeobius,
The following is all I have been told about the unit:

"It has S$B transformers and 2 expensive Sieden rotary switches for source selection and volume control. It has +6 6db switch. I had bought it assembled.The user handbook/manual makes no mention of the transformer version of S&B transformers."

Hence, it is factory built. Secondly, the owner tell me that S&B no longer makes the transformers for the Django and that the new kits aviable have different transformers. I will inquire whether Brian whether its a good match for the Welborne DRDs. Once again, thank you so much for you advice.

Thanks