Suggestions for a Phono Preamp.

I currently have an Audio Technica PEQ3 Phono Preamp in my setup. I am using a Pro-Ject Debut III as my turntable. I am going to keep my preamp and get a newer one for around $200 to $300 dollars. I am thinking about a Bellari VP130 or staying with Pro-Ject and getting their Phono Preamp. Any suggestions? Thank You.

meliodes

If you are looking for a budget phono pre-amp, the Schiit Mani 2 is an excellent choice. Plus they have a trial/return policy, so you could return it if you don't love it. $150, and your done... Until you decide to upgrade again...

first, disconnect, clean contacts, reconnect your esisting system. many 'so much better' come from just this.

now listen well to your existing again.

think 'preferred', not 'better'.

when it comes to phono, eq, sut .... make sure you can return it if you don't prefer it to your exisiting.

I had an Audio Technica TT AT120. It had an optional dinky internal phono eq. most people would think it a joke. It sounded better than my McIntosh C28 SS Preamp's phono to me and mine.

Upstairs, I tried Cambridge DUO, ifi..., and found a $14. Pyle I preferred to both, sent the other's back.

Then I moved to Tube Phono stages, McIntosh mx110z downstairs, and Luxman tube in this office. 

Think tube Preamp in your future.

If you can find a used Sim Audio Moon 110lp, that would be a great phono pre.

I've seen them used around $300.

I am happy with the inexpensive TCC TC-750.
https://www.phonopreamps.com/tc750pp.html

When I bought it some time ago, it came with a 0.5A wall wart. I upgraded later to their 1.5A wall wart, and it really made a difference. If you buy the preamp, just arrange to get the 1.5A.

• New - Musical Fidelity V90 LPS $329.00 - free shipping   www.tmraudio.com
  • Cambridge Audio Alva Solo (MM only) $179.00 - free shipping   www.audioadvisor.com