Suggestions for a new SACD player.

My much loved Musical Fidelity Tri Vista SACD player died. I am looking to perhaps purchase a replacement. It must have a digital input. Balanced output preferred but it is not a deal killer. I may give up on SACD, but would rather not. Must be dependable. $3500 max. Used is okay. Your suggestions appreciated. Reasons for your suggestions appreciated too.
Thanks-
Steve
128x128srwooten

Showing 1 response by buconero117

Maybe cheap will do. Before spending mega bucks, buy a Sony 595 refurb on SonyStyle for $60. Hopefully you are a brave soul and will give an honest listen. Don't like it? They will take it back and refund all costs, including shipping. Hey, I just saved you $3440. What do I know as I have a Sony 777es and a Cal Labs Alpha, and the 595 will blow you away. I recently heard the new Esoteric at a friends house and while I agree, it does sound slightly better, it is not $15,000 that better. My friend refuses to let me bring my 595 over to see if I can trick him into a blind test. Many audio people live with that kind of fear, which leads to 'how much did you pay for that unit'.