Suggestions for 220v amp

Hello all,

I am spending some time living in belgium and I am hoping to pick up a pair of Maggie 1.6s next month and a nice amp or integrated amp for them. Problem is, of course, the 220v power.

I really like Krell amps and would be getting a 300i/il if I could choose, but as far as I know they don't make a 220v version.

So any suggestions for something like the Krells in the 1500.00 range that comes in a 220v version??

Thanks all,
Nathan
singinius

Showing 1 response by tonestudio

I am surprised that you can't find Krell amp in 220V. To my knowledge, Krell has distributor in Gremany and they have to have European voltage for the gear sold in this country. If you are sold on the sound of Krell, check market in Germany. I listened to a Krell system in store in Germany and it was authorised dealer.
I agree that in Europe you may be able to find better sounding amp ( we don't know about all manufacturers from Europe, only what is coming here). But, again, if you definitely want Krell, there should be 220V versions in Europe.

Note to Mbhcid. Some US Hi-End manufacturers don't use double wound transformers in components to prevent "gray" market around the world and they have to be build for the certain country originally.

Continue your search, Nathan.