Suggestion on speakers for Bel Canto s300iu

Hello all,

I recently purchased this int amp to be used with my iMac computer. Would like to hear your suggestion for a pair of speakers for less than $3000 used or new. My room is only 10 by 10 sq.ft. so please make your suggestion accordingly. I do not plan to add a sub. I listen to jazz, vocal and classical.

Thanks much,
Leon
rbc

Showing 1 response by jptenberg

I recently purchased the Bel Canto M300 amps along with the DAC3. I am using them to drive a pair of Focal Micro Utopia BEs and the combination is nothing short of amazing! Your Bel Canto integrated with built in DAC should be very similar in sound to my amp/dac setup, so I would definitely audition something in the Focal line. For $3000 per pair you could possibly find a used pair of Electra 1007 BEs ($4500/pair new) and I think those would sound fantastic in your small room. You may find them lacking in the bass department, and in that case you might want to check out the new Chorus 800 line which in my opinion are some of the best looking speaker on the market today and they range from the $800/pair 806V bookshelf to the $3000/pair 836V floorstanding. I have heard some of the speakers in the Chorus line and found them to be very musical and easy to listen to...they do, however, have a slightly overrich midrange similar to the sound of Paradigm speakers. The Utopia, Electra, and Profile lines have a very flat frequency response and are more detailed...this can be a problem when the source and amps aren't up to snuff, but I think with your Bel Canto setup you will love them.