suffering over choice of VTL 6550 signature II or the ARC REF6se

I am trying to figure out if replacing my rogue RP7  (with Mazda rolled tubes) with an ARC REF6SE or the VTL 6550 signature II is the better choice. I have Sasha2s, dCS Bartok, JC1+s, Wadia 16 as a transport, Krell KSA150 running two passive subs, MiniDSP SHO as a crossover,  Etheregen switch, Shunyata Hydra delta 6, very good wires, ISO Acoustic
 footers on the Sashas, dedicated 20 circuits, HIFI fuses, no other sources will be used beyond digital. The new JC1+s massively improved my Sasha's performance as my Naim NAP DR300 could not handle the Sasha2s. I think there are gains to be made in the preamp over the Rogue RP6 which up to this point I was totally impressed with. Adding 17K into the mix also begs the question to upgrade the Bartok and go without a preamp as analogue will not be in my future anyway. My goal is to gain more air/ambience/imaging and maybe a touch more "sweetness". I read that the VTL will be more detailed and uncolored/true, while the REFse is also very respected as detailed and accurate but may sound a bit more rich/romantic/colored? VTL as a company appeals to me more that ARC as a company, but in the end its the sound to me! Have not heard either one in person nor an online shootout which I do find useful to hear the house sound of a component. I have lived with sibilance too long...want both detail and sweet music!
Thoughts???
128x128wokeuptobose
no suffering here -- very high class problem you have! 😄

i can't comment on the vtl piece. but the arc reference linestages are really outstanding... so many of the positives of tubes with few of the downsides...
You'll think VTL when you have to deal with "HER" trust me..

Not a person on earth that like's to deal with "HER". 

The answer is always. send it to us, let us check it..

They always need a set of valves, EVERY TIME, unless it's warrantee then it's the speed of light.. NO KIDDING.. Great warrantee turn around..
WHY? everything is VTL.. ONLY.. pretty much.. They rebrand a LOT of stuff and it is one of their signature business practices. They have done it for years, including coupling caps.. VTL, Caps, Valves, Transformers. Sure they make their own.. ;-)

Regards
I have listened to both. Ended up getting the 6.5 series II. the 6.5 is more dynamic, the Ref 6SE maybe a bit more tube warmth, but both are very good. Have not heard the Rogue but would guess either one would be a pretty big step up over the Rogue. Also agree with @oldhvymec2,  dealing with VTL has been a bit of an issue for some. But am sure they get blasted by all sorts of nutty 'phile questions....
Thank you all for sharing your insights, they are so valuable as I'm not in that willy-nilly switch components out phase in my life. It sounds like you all confirm that he VTL stuff is really good, but like everything there are some challenging trade-offs. I think I'm leaning to the ARC for a more conventional decision. If there were a high volume VTL dealer in town I might feel the safety in numbers thing. I greatly lament the fact that its so hard to hear components in our own systems prior to purchase. I also see that being a thrifty buyer myself I contribute to the problem of maintaining a healthy dealer network. Thanks again for the insight. 
If there were a high volume VTL dealer in town I might feel the safety in numbers thing.

not sure that exists anywhere... not a criticism of vtl but just bein' real...

Yet several of you still went with VTL over ARC, given the challenges. Must be something there. I am getting to hear a VTL 6550 sig II Tuesday. I will bring my rogue RP-7 to see how they relate in performance. Prices are starting to mush together, VTL will be a demo unit, the arc deal new has two trades bid against the list price, and a used ref 6 for around 10K is available that can be upgraded to a ref6se for 3K, so its the same function for about 4 k less than new(it won't resale as well as a new one that began as a ref6se.  interesting to say the least.  

A couple things I have learned after owning ARC gear for over 30 years. Original models are worth more than upgraded pieces. Upgraded pieces are also harder to sell. Always get the SE version. They are far more desirable than the original version.

@ oldhvymec2
Thank you for your post regarding VTL support.  I emailed them and called to confirm their position on 3rd party support.  They will NOT provide schematics or support to local technicians.  The person "HER" at VTL was actually argumentative and condascending saying I wasn't serious about buying.  I've got plenty of $ to buy, but I won't be buying from VTL.  Ship back a super heavy, bulky tube amp with insurance for ANY service issue?  Pay whatever they deem I should? I don't think so.