Sudden problem with turntable

I have a rega p5 with a ortofon black. it used to sound great. yesterday i put on a record and it sounded terrible, really muddy. My knowledge of turntables is very limited. Is it possible that i damaged the stylus? Any suggestions as to how i would determine what happened?
128x128jkontuly
unfortunately no. I have been swamped at work. Hoping to try over break to fix myself, re-oil bearing, set-up cartridge etc...if that doesn't work I will take it to audio element in pasadena and see what they have to say. I think it would be a good learning experience to at least try...or dangerous..

So I thought I would update this thread. As it turns out the magic eraser did help solve the issue. I didn't think it did at first but when i got the jewelers loupe and looked closely it turns out that I didn't get all of the eraser off the stylus. Once I did that it was all good. Thanks everyone.

So I thought I would update this thread. As it turns out the magic eraser did help solve the issue. I didn't think it did at first but when i got the jewelers loupe and looked closely it turns out that I didn't get all of the eraser off the stylus. Once I did that it was all good. Thanks everyone.
Sweet!  Glad you solved the problem and it was a cheap and easy fix.