Subwoofers with room correction built in?

Who has experience, good or bad or whatever, with the built-in room correction/DSP/EQ that newer subwoofers (except REL) come with these days?  I’m excited to try the system built into an ELAC sub 3070 that’s coming my way soon, but I want to be realistic.
Thanks.
redwoodaudio
I've been using plate and external XO with 12K class d amps with all the goodies for over 6 years. 

DSP with
Delay
Threshold
GEQ
PEQ
3 channel summation
OTF (on the fly) correction
Active tracking, in real time, on a laptop.
Multi XO with 6, 12, 18, 24, 48db (2496 OXO not the plate amps)
Mic input 

Note 1. 2496 Behringer is Daisy chain via Cat 4-6 (EASY to set up a perfect DBA or Swarm VII) I'm not sure how many you can daisy chain, 128 at least. with 6K class d amps. ALL with full blow DSP engines.

Note 2. The plate amps are not quite as loaded with goodies as the active 2496 OX but they sure do work well.

https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-SPA500DSP-500W-Subwoofer-Plate-Amplifier-with-DSP-300-801...

This plate amp has two big brothers a 1200 and 2400 model. Every now and then they produce the 1200 and 2400. I use their SPA non DSP plates amps too. Good amps.. They have correction just not DSP. No active correction or remote correction.

I've had the same rooms for 40 years.. Ya just know. Push that button and turn that knob.. :-)

Enjoy your newbie.. I'm glad the price didn't go out of sight. Everything else did..

Regards
Given the trouble audiophiles have in correctly integrating a room, I highly recommend this approach in general.

The one thing to keep in mind is that auto setting software is not all the same. I really like the way JL audio's built in software sets their subs, but they are super pricey. You definitely should listen before buying if you can, otherwise it's worth keeping an open mind and being prepared to tweak.

A gently descending curve from 20Hz to 80 Hz to my mind sounds much better than flat.
@oldhvymech - my DIY skills are pretty limited so far, but I'm sure this would be a worthwhile approach.

@erik_squires thanks. I know JL is the real deal, but I have high hopes for the elac due to Andrew Jones involvement.