Subwoofer vibration foot isolators????

I have a SVS PB13 Ultra subwoofer(piano gloss black) and the feet are rather short(roughly 1/4-1/2 inch from floor). Can anyone suggest a vibration footer to raise the sub from floor(carpet) and be able to handle my 150 pound subwoofer to eliminate unwanted vibrations of the house. I tried different placements and the vibrations decreased by leaving about 2-3feet from the walls. I would like it raised off my carpet about another 1/2 to 1 inch more...I noticed 6 threaded feet on this beast....ALSO: basement room measures 18x23. Any suggestions!!!!!!!!
128x128bacardi

Showing 2 responses by zephyr24069

For my REL Britannia B1, I have custom-made (taller, more narrow width) Black Diamond Racing Pucks with the right threading to replace the stock (plastic feet). I then have the B1 on an Adona AV45AS amp stand. This puts the front-firing driver at a good height and also allows the port on the bottom of the sub room to breath. The bass is very clean, not muddy and (has been measured) goes all the way down to the lowest frequency possible with this sub. When deep bass notes occur, they are clean, fast, super-deep and have all the impact desired. There is no shortage of bass in the approach you are looking at; here when the bass impact is felt, it is via acoustical transmission, not physical output & interaction as Kr4 notes above. FWIW...
The Adona stand would easily hold a 155lb subwoofer as it is made for large loads like huge mono-blocks, etc....You would utilize the Adona spikes to solidly connect the stand to the carpeted floor.

I have a taller version of the BDR Max puck (2.5" wide by 1.5" tall is standard size). You may also wish to consider the Jumbo Pucks (3.5" wide x 1.5" tall). I had the BDR Super Max pucks made with a taller profile and the right taps for the bottom bolt holes of my sub along with other tweaks of their base design. If you don't go this route, you should check to see whether you need one of various BDR adapter bolts to get from the bottom of your sub to the pucks.

(see MusicDirect site for best visuals on all BDR products.)

See http://www.musicdirect.com/products/brand.php?b=BLACK%20DIAMOND%20RACING for details

Write me on email if you want more specifics.