Subwoofer SVS SB13Ultra vs JL Fathom F110V2

Considering a new sb13u vs a demo F110v2 to mate with my Martin Logan Vistas.  Room is 11x19x8 with one side open to a great room 16x26.

Anyone have experience with both?  I currently have a REL T5 that is great but just too small

Thanks

ctro

Showing 5 responses by ricred1

martykl,

I have an L-shaped room: w= 20', L= 24', back wall 26'(L).

I'm not a dealer and haven't completed any measurements. I can't see anyone hearing both subs in the same room/system and not hearing the differences between the SB13 Ultra and the JL Audio F110 V2s.
I'll preface my comments with in my system and in my room! The F110s are more articulate/tighter, provides more air, deeper, and play louder. Unfortunately, it isn't even close, because if it were I would have kept my SVS 13 Ultras.
Adding the CR-1 is a game changer! Everything and I mean everything is improved...more defined bass, wider soundstage, better imaging, "more AIR" and just a relaxation to the music being played!
I had dual SB13 Ultra's in a two channel system and sold them for dual JL Audio F110 V2s. My friend has a single SVS 13 Ultra and once he heard the JL Audio F110 V2s he put his SVS 13 Ultra up for sale. I'll send you a PM with my number if you would like to talk about the differences.
My system: Aerial 7ts, Jeff Rowland(JR) 625 S2 amp, JR Corus preamp, JR Aeris DAC, Bryston BDP-2, JL Audio CR-1 and F110 V2s.

My friend has a surround sound system with Dynaudio Audio Focus speakers(I believe 240s or 260s).

I will tell you the CR-1 makes a significant difference.
I don't know how much difference there is between the F110 and F110 V2, but it appears that erndog and srosenberg are not talking about the current JL Audio F110 V2. That being said, I like to repeat, "there are no absolutes in Audio, only preferences."