Subwoofer SVS SB13Ultra vs JL Fathom F110V2

Considering a new sb13u vs a demo F110v2 to mate with my Martin Logan Vistas.  Room is 11x19x8 with one side open to a great room 16x26.

Anyone have experience with both?  I currently have a REL T5 that is great but just too small

Thanks

ctro

Showing 8 responses by ctro

Thanks Ricred1, 
That is the kind of feedback I was looking for.  What main speaker are you and your friend using?

I can only get one now and add a second later.

Thanks again Ricred1,

Do you mind elaborating on the difference between the sb13s and f110s. Do the F110s seem to go as low as the sb13s?    Budget only allows for 1 of wither right now but either way I plan on experimenting with the crossover built into my NAD C390dd

Thanks again
Thanks.  Given they way some are describing the extension and output of the F110 i can only surmise the published specs are rather conservative.  Is that accurate?
Thanks for all your input ricred1. Your comments are very helpful. That is an awfully big space.  Its great to know that the smaller 10" drivers move that much air.

Cheers

Thanks. Information on Seaton seems hard to find.  Their website does not seem to be up.  Their forum is up and has some information.  Is there a source for information on Seaton?  

Im also expanding my horizons to include Rhythmic f12 and the JL e110.

Anybody have any input on those
erndog,

Thanks for the input.  what main speakers are you using and how big is your room?  Was the difference between the rythmik and the f110.  Are the Saulk versions that much better than the standard rythmik? 

Right, the V2 has not been out all that long so I presumed other comparisons were to the v1.  From the website it appears as though the amp is new on the V2 as is the DARO room correction process. Not sure what else they changed.  All specs seem to be the same except for the weight which probably accounts for the new, more powerful amp.

Did you find the DARO useful?  Does it work with dual subs?
Ha yes. this is the most satisfying and frustrating hobby of all.  tough for those of us who lean toward obsessive compulsive.  But that is what makes it fun.