Subwoofer solutions.

I am completing my first serious HT system in my bedroom of 14x14x8 with carpet. The room is mostly square with a section in the right corner that opens into a double vanity that separates the bath and closet, and there is a bay window along the center of the back wall.

System is Lexicon LX-7 amp, Sunfire TGP-5 processor, Denon 1920 DVD player, Panasonic 26' HDMI tv, with Monitor RS 8, RS 1, RS LCR speakers.

I have few options for placing either one big sub or two smaller subs. When I say big, I do not mean too big maybe 15x15x15. the delime here is working around the WAF factors which I must adhere to for my sanity.

The electronics and tv are all housed in an armoire. I can place one of the subs in the left corner of the room which would be behind the left RS 8. If I go with two subs, one of them will have to be placed inside the bottom left compartment of the armoire( which would be close to the other sub placed outside the armoire), or on top of the armoire where the RS 1's are placed.

I could go with two of the Monitor RS subs which would be a perfect match in both color and sonics. I could go with say two Paradigm Seismic 10's which would probably be better subs than the RS subs or with one used Aerial SW-12 which would be better than any previously mentioned sub.

I am not locked into any of the subs mentioned, but I believe I could get any of these easily and at a reasonable price. The Paradigm's are downward firing, so will the carpet be a consraint for a down firing sub? I have always read that two subs are better than one, but with my limitations of placement is this true in my case? Finally, The Sunfire has three sub inputs, and if I hook the two subs directly into these inputs via rca's or xlr's, would this then be running the two subs in stereo?

Thanks for your replys.
jhwalker

Showing 1 response by vernerj366a

I just recently placed a subwoofer (Eosone 112) into my armoir. There is just simply no room for it anywhere else. You're going to have to experiment adjusting the sound so that it not only fits your room's needs, but whatever the armoir is going to stick in. Yes, there's the rattling that comes now and then, but until then, it works well enough for now, and I can let it pass. Try it, and let me know how it sounds.