Subwoofer Recommendations

I am looking for a single subwoofer that will compliment my JBL L100 Classic speakers.  This is my office system and I only want 1 subwoofer (no swarm) to add a little oomph below 50hz.  I will be using it with my McIntosh MA6600 on the second set of variable line outs.  The sub has to accept line in, have a phase control, level control  and adjustable crossover so I can cross it over under 80hz or so.  I will be still running my JBL speakers full range.  Price is up to $1500.00 new or used although keeping it at around a grand would be great.  This is the only way I will hook up the sub and I would like something that does go deep.  I know there are probably hundreds of subwoofer threads but I have never looked at them.  This is just something I came up with today so any help would be appreciated.
128x128stereo5
How did you decide between the sealed vs ported sub on the SB2000?
The main reason was you were only looking for one sub so thought space may be a consideration and two SBs are a lot smaller than two PBs while still getting you under 20Hz (-3dB).  The other is I tend to prefer using a sealed sub for music, but I understand properly-designed ported subs can work as well.  Last, I own an SB2000 I use for HT and it alone can shake my living room when required so two PB2000s seems almost like overkill for music purposes.  So that’s where I was coming from with my recommendation. 

I have two SVS SB 2000’s, as I listen mostly to music.  The ported SP 2000’s provide more boom and were noted to be better in a home theater for movies. 
@stereo5 , you will a 12" sub to produce anything useful below 50 Hz. Just a caution, bass travels...far. When my system is on playing something with a lot of information below 30 Hz things on the opposite side of the house rattle and buzz like crazy. This may cause trouble in an office environment.
I recommend one of the REL subs. They will blend in very well with your JBL L100 Classic speakers.