Subwoofer for Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand

I know that there are many subwoofers that can blend well with any speaker.
I was curious if any VA owners have found one type of Brand/model to work better with The Vienna Acoustic Concert Grand series?
timo62
Thanks for the feed back everyone and the suggestions on types of subs ,equalizers , processors and room correction equipment.
I have been looking into the brand name subwoofers mentioned on this thread. My concern has been focused on proper blend/integration with my speakers.

Will have to look into the equalization components more. Seems like the Bryston 10B-Sub and other related equipment could be very helpful in the blend/intergration process.

I use to have Vandersteens 2WQ sub along with the 2CE. The 2WQ was a great sub and blended perfect with the speakers.
A true audiophile type sub, but it did not blend with my Mozarts do to the set crossover level in the 2wq. I am trying to replicate that blend with the Vienna Acoustics with a sub.
I would just back and buy the new version of the Vandy 2Ce Sig2 with the 2wq , but I find the Viennna acoustic more open sounding and tonally pleasing.

I need to explore the options suggested here with the blend of sub and equalizer/processors equipment. Also , it would be nice to find a place where one could see and hear these combinations demonstrated.

At the same time I might have to explore further up the Vandersteen food chain of speakers to see if any thing sparks my interest.

Thanks again for the advice and information.

Tim
Tim-

a 2nd option would be the Velodyne DD series. Keep us posted.
Happy New Year!
I found this article on subs which was very interesting.
http://www.soundoctor.com/whitepapers/subs.htm#2SUBS
check it out, goes into great detail about correct set-up, placement, crossover etc. well worth a read.
Thanks for the info and feedback! The link for The sound Doctor#2 SUBS supplied by Neuphonix is amazing!
The only problem is now you KNOW that you need (must have) TWO subs AND an active crossover!!