subwoofer for music?

Hi all

My Speakers are the neat ultimatum mf5 which claims to have specs of

MF5 response @ +/-3dB is 28Hz - 40kHz. The typical - 6dB point in the bass is 22Hz. (from BOB of neat)

Can a 6.5" driver get that low?? Proacs and PMC also have specs that go that low! While speakers with drivers of 12" only gets to 30+hz usually...not sure why

I dont feel a lack of bass from the speakers, but having a sub that can fulfil both role of music/movies and help my system to get down to 20hz will be awesome! (will set the crossover at 35hz or less)

However i will have a subwoofer regardless because i will use it for theater, and the pv1d just does not cut it for movies. So therefore im looking for a sub to be used for music and movies with budget as low as possible.

Will 2 subs help stereo imaging? I would much prefer a single sub for convenience .
Room is 8m(6m usable) x4m. So after reading some info, here are some choices that is within my budget (but i would prefer to spend as little as possible)

-jl audio f113

-twin velodyne spl 1000 ultra

-jl audio f112

-bower wilkin db1

-velodyne dd15 (not plus version)

-twin jl audio f110

-mk 350 mk2

-rel r528

I heard about SVS and KK and paradigm subs, but they are a pain to get in my country

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks all :)
nieveulv
"Fill in the bottom octave" indeed. It's all about level..if you have a large room and like to listen loud, get more capable woofage. I listen to all sorts of stuff, including bass heavy recordings (Example: Peter Washington's bass on Bill Charlap's "Somewhere" is recorded hotter than ZZ Top ever was, and can get yer woofer to dance), and although I could wheel in a pair EAW 18" subs that can unweave the socks on any JL and cause your house to collapse, my leetle REL is more than capable of kicking bass around my listening room to a degree that is musically satisfying and plenty loud, if necessary.
One would be surprised how even bass proficient speakers can become more or less anemic in particularly (bass-)problematic rooms, which hereby becomes detrimental to the overall sonic performance. A friend of mine uses a pair of S.P. Tech Revelations (on of the later iterations), not by any means a meager performer in regards to bass, but his living room has necessitated, or rather given room to a pair of Electro Voice cinema sub's (2x18" per side), and though this approach may initially seem like shooting sparrows with ship cannons the result is immensely impressive. There's really nothing like BIG bass units (15"+) in large inclosures to handle the lower frequencues.

(scroll down for a picture of his setup)
http://www.hifi4all.dk/content/templates/nyheder.asp?articleid=2979&zoneid=1

Myself I'm also thinking of adding not only one but a pair of subs to assist my main speakers, especially in light of what is also mentioned above on what a well-integrated pair of subs can do to enhance the rest of the frequency spectrum. DIY solutions are considered as well as some pre-manufactured dittos.

Which brings me to address the OP in suggesting a pair of Earthquake's MiniMe FP10. This is relatively fast sub with subjevtively very little overhang, and moreover there's power to spare + they are relatively affordable.
OP last word of advice: do lots of research. Unlike Speakers, demoing isn't enough with subwoofers. You can have that $36K 18" Magico subwoofer, and it can sound like shit in your room. You need to go online and read as many reviews and figure out which sub looks like it works best in your room. Even having an in-home demo is probably not enough since you most likely wouldn't have enough time to properly set it up before it had to go back. Moral of the story, do loads of research before you make your purchase.