Subwoofer Cables. How important is quality?

I have been wondering if I need to upgrade my AudioQuest Cinema Series cable. I have mostly Cardas Golden Ref IC's in my system, so I contacted Cardas and they responded that they don't really emphasize any particular need in the sub cable due to the frequencies. They don't make a subwoofer cable that is labled as such, but I notice many cable mfg's do. What is the belief in AudioGon Land? Is there any concern with the low freq's for sheilding or cable construction? Some say silver is better to add speed, some say copper is better.
128x128theo

Showing 1 response by bignerd100

Sorry to ruffle feathers but personal listening leads me to the conclusion that cables make very little difference. With most peoples systems that money is better spent on new equipment. Most people own mid-fi gear that can bennefit in small ways from better cables. A good read of Master Handbook of Acoustics can help tremendously with the understanding of in room frequency response (speaker placement).

Well-built cables that total to less than ten percent (mine are about five percent) of total system cost is a fair figure for cable cost.

-2 cents worth