Subsonics with Grado & Rega Arm

I get massive amounts of subsonics with my Rega arm and Grado Reference cartridge.

Anyone else have the same problem? What arms would be a better match for the Grado Ref?
kel34
I was having a similar problem. I have been using a Grado Reference Sonata with my Rega RB300 Origin Modified arm on a Sota Star Saphire table with the Sota Reflex clamp. I sent my arm to an Audiogoner (Michael Wharton - [email protected]) for rewiring the arm in Cardas and installing a Cardas 5 pin DIN termination. I purchased a custom tonearm cable from a terrific fellow in China that incorporates twisted pair construction of LC-OFC wiring with braided copper shielding, hermetically sealed insulation and an RF stopper - all for a very fair price and QUICK turnaround). The problem is completely resolved. I am hearing much deeper into the vinyl now even before any meaningful time for burn-in has occurred. I could not be more pleased. Actually, this is one time I can be the guy to say that he cannot believe the magnitude of improvement a tweek made.
Would a phono stage with subsonic filter help?
Grado dance and woofer pump when used on an old Thornes. I dont think Grados like suspension turntables. No dance on rega table but hum increases nearer to motor. I think Grado on Rega is very musical regardless of how the numbers crunch out.
A tonearm rewire would probably remedy this situation. A typical 3 wire set up is required for a Grado. Without a dedicated ground wire problems like those posted happen.
Rega and Grado don't like each other.....heard of these problems with this combo before.