Sub Integration

Here's my system...
NAD C375BEE integrated amp
PSB Imagine B speakers
2 Klipsch 10" powered subs
Outlaw ICBM Bass Management
For 2 channel music only (not HT)
My listening room is 15' X 20' with plaster walls and carpeting. I have experimented with moving the subs at different locations and sub output volume .The Outlaw crossover is set at 80 Hz to handle lows below the PSB capability (52 Hz). While the mains still sound good the bass from the subs still sounds what many would say is "boomy". I do not have an SPL or any room correction equipment.
Any suggestions as to what I may try next?

jrpnde
The 1/3 rule suggested by rbstehno is appreciated but does not apply to my listening space. My room is 15' wide and 20' long. If I apply the 1/3 rule then my listening point would be only 8' away from the speakers and in the way of casual traffic in the room. Not practical for my space. I really appreciate all of the suggestions offered and will continue to experiment with all of them. Perhaps I have a very challenging task.
Thanks

I would crossover your sub naturally in the nighborhood of 50/60hz, where you hit the -6db point from your speakers.  This will take care of the boominess.  As for the volume level,  you can use white noise and music and do it by ear.
Most of the music is played at above 50hz, so there's no need for sub above that unless you like fat low bass.  To me, a sub is meant to be used for sub-bass (40hz and below).
Audiotools good
vandertones = free
need Analog spl Meyer radio shack

use Ray Brown Soular Energy as Bruce suggests to set bass output level

attenuate the port do not plug 

Lots of good advice, mainly on crossover points which are important. One of the things I found huge was getting the phase right. Without it there is a jumbled mess no matter what you do.

Probably the easiest way to do it is by ear. Hopefully you have a 0-180 degree phase adjust on the sub

Play music with a good solid discernable thump thump from a kick drum is good.

Play with the phase knob on the sub for a bit until you can hear differences in timing. Then adjust the phase on the subwoofer until the mains and the sub 'kick' together. Off phase sounds blurry or softer. 'In phase' should focus the timing to solidify the kicks. Timing should be pretty easy to get close. I went around and around with   various other methods and found if it sounds right it is right.

Cheers