Sub- 700 New/used Integrated Amps-Recos?

In pursuit of good sound on a limited budget (and with a limited amount of space, too) what do you all recommend in the way of integrated amps? I currently have Adcom separates, and want to go to an integrated to save space. Reading reviews of some of the integrateds available today make me think I can probably upgrade my sound a little in the process. I am considering used or demo models like the Arcam 8R, Analogue Puccini SE, Musical Fidelity A3, Creek 5250, or a Denon PMA-2000R. I am using Spica TC50 speakers. I do play records, so phono stage is an issue. Opinions please?
johnh39

Showing 1 response by emily

Sonic FRontiers produces an integrated amp under the Anthem name that might be of interest. It does not have a phono stage but does combine a solid state amplifier with a tube preamp that We felt outperformed our combo of a Adcom GFA-555 and Anthem Pre-2l tube pre-amp. We used one in our system until power needs surpassed the integrated's limit (90 watts @ 8, 145 watts @ 4). I realize that with a retail of $1800 you may not have considered it, but We have one for sale and would be willing to sell for very close to your budget. (You can find a review of the Anthem Int 2 at www.soundstage.com under the Archives link) Email if interested. Best of Luck
Curt and Emily