Stylus shape?

Is there a generally held opinion on what shape of stylus yields the best sound? I'm speaking of stereo, not mono.

Thank you.
128x128musicfan2349
Dear @g_nakamoto : Ortofon use Shibata shape in some of the cartridge models.

Btw, """  advanced shape sounds better, costs more, but lasts much longer..."""

lasts much longer?: this is a misunderstood because the time lasting an stylus does not depends on its shape but for other reasons as  clean it and clean the LP surface because in theory the advanced  shapes  increased groove side walls makes a longer lasts time but that " increased groove.." in reality does not happens due to the tonearm tracking error and non perfect accurated cartridge/tonearm alignment along that not all LPs are say 180grs. and comes with no waves that affects the stylus rake angle during cartridge tracking.

I own many cartridges with elliptical stylus shapes that have more hours than the ones stated by Jico and we have a good example with the spherical stylus shape in the Denon 103 that last for " ever " ( I own too. ).

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
I don't read or know of an audiophile that after 400-500 hours re-tipped his Lyra Titan or even after 1K.
R.
A great profile on a great cartridge on a great head shell matched with the wrong tonearm is not so great. 

By ''parts versus wholes'' discussions we can clearly see the
differnce between ''holistic'' and ''parts'' (quality) approach. Buy
musical (aka ''sound'') valuation we can easilly see that  ''parts''
approach does not work. As example we can mention Sony XL
88 D with which ''some Aussie'' fel in love and proclaim to
be ''the best ever''. With elliptical stylus? Yes! So those
''shapes'' are obviously not relevant. 

With elliptical stylus? Yes!

No, it's Super Elliptical (often called Hyper Elliptical by other manufacturers)