Studio monitors, powered, use at home to stream from smart phone?

I was considering, for a small second system, buying a pair of used powered, inexpensive studio monitors (JBL or Yamaha).  Input would be an Audioengine Bluetooth receiver/dac via RCA interconnect.  These speakers have XLR balanced and TRS(?, looks like a phonoplug) inputs.  Has anyone used an adaptor and tried this?  Would these speakers be too bright and etched/grainy for smartphone streaming home use? I know there are speakers made for this, some with built in receiver/dac/antenna.  I thought these speakers may be better and a better value!  Any input would be appreciated!
Ag insider logo xs@2x47ghibli
Well, JBL speakers sound exactly like JBL speakers. 

Modern Yammie studio monitors are really quite impressive for their neutrality. 
Adam audio makes great active monitors . You can hear them at Guitar Center . Theres a new model to compete with the JBL 305 . I own JBL 305 and 308 and have owned 2 pair of Adams . Cant go wrong with either imop.
Beoplay S...series are the most versatile streaming speakers you can place in any portion of room or throw these rocks several around dwelling and they can stream simultaneously.