streaming with benchmark2-dx DAC - problem - no signal to preamp

I am trying to stream from a newly purchased Benchmark2dx DAC via usb, using the benchmark usb cable connected to an Apple USB3 camera adapter, which is connected to a new ipad.  The camera adapter is also connected to a wall charger.  There is signal to the DAC's headphone outputs, but no signal to the Anthem preamp. 

The DAC is connected to the preamp's dvd intput. The disc player plays fine on that intput through the DAC. 

I called Benchmark tech support.  They were helpful, but we could not identify the problem.  I expect I am missing a basic setting, any help appreciated.
jminock
What are you trying to play from the iPad stored music or a stream service like Tidal? You can hear music through headphones but not through the preamp/ amp? 
Yes, the Benchmark works with the cd player.

I am trying to stream Qobuz and other streaming services through the Benchmark USB. Music does play through on the Benchmark headphone jacks, and the front panel light indicates a signal.
But no sound to the preamp & amp.
Have you tried using different analog outputs? I notice it has 3 outputs XLR main  RCA main and RCA aux. Seems strange it does the same thing with 2 different DACs have you tried a different preamp or bypassing the preamp and connecting to an amp using the volume on the DAC? 
I am sure Benchmark asked you to do this but I will ask just in case. Did you reboot the iPad?

I never knew the iPad could be connected to the DAC directly. I thought you needed a computer and not a iOS tablet.

Yes, rebooted the ipad.
The Apple camera adapter has a usb 3 input and a lightning input (which provides power when connected to a wall charger), and a lightning output to the ipad.