STREAMING - QOBUZ VS TIDAL AND ROON'S PREFERENCES

I am 100% digital using Roon.  I play from my extensive hard drive, Qobuz and Tidal.  I love to find new music using Roon Radio or Roon suggestions.  Here is my issue:  I generally find Qobuz to sound better on my system.  I do not have final unfold of MQA on my Tambaqui DAC; yet ROON always defaults to a Tidal version.

So I will search 'versions' and select the highest resolution of a Qobuz version.

Can Roon be set to default to Qobuz vs defaulting to a Tidal version?

Do others agree that Qobuz sounds better?

fastfreight

I was not aware QObuz had a larger library than Tidal.  I have a BluSound Node 2i and like the layout of Tidal.  I believe Qobuzz does not have MQA.  I wonder what the resolution is for Qobuzz?  

@larry5729 you are correct that Qobuz doesn’t offer MQA, but most people feel that’s a plus for Qobuz as MQA requires multiple unfolding and, as I understand it, MQA alters the original content to what some sound engineers think it “should” sound like.  No thanks.  Throw in that most people here prefer Qobuz’s sound quality, offers a ton more hi-res tracks, is cheaper (or at least it was when I subscribed), and to me has a better user interface.  You can try it for free so why not?  I did and never went back to Tidal and their silly MQA total sham.  Just my experience FWIW. 

Thanks Sonic.  One quick question.  What is the highest resolution Qobuzz offers.  I know when I hooked up my BlueSound to my amp by way I gave up the potential of hearing up to 24/192.  If Qobuzz doesn’t limit their customers then I will give Qobuzz a try.  I was told Qobuzz was not as easy to use as Tidal.  I think MQA is most likely just a gate keeper.  I am just here to learn.  Thanks.

@larry5729 Qobuz is just as easy to use as Tidal. I don’t think I came across anything higher than 24/192 on Qobuz. 

FWIW, my DAC doesn’t do MQA so I had disabled it in my Lumin streamer and I am just letting the Roon core decode and render for my Tidal streaming. Sometimes Roon radio queues up a great song that’s only available on Tidal.