STREAMING - QOBUZ VS TIDAL AND ROON'S PREFERENCES

I am 100% digital using Roon.  I play from my extensive hard drive, Qobuz and Tidal.  I love to find new music using Roon Radio or Roon suggestions.  Here is my issue:  I generally find Qobuz to sound better on my system.  I do not have final unfold of MQA on my Tambaqui DAC; yet ROON always defaults to a Tidal version.

So I will search 'versions' and select the highest resolution of a Qobuz version.

Can Roon be set to default to Qobuz vs defaulting to a Tidal version?

Do others agree that Qobuz sounds better?

fastfreight

Interesting responses thanks.  I feel Qobuz definitely a bit better; most do. But I still value selections on Tidal which are not available on Qobuz.  

Great info on this topic. I use Bluesound with Tidal as my service, but this has made me interested in perhaps a trial of Qobuz... I've built up quite a collection of "favorites" in Tidal which I would hate to rebuild on another service. On the Qobuz site it says:

Can I import my favourites and playlists from another platform?

Yes, you can import your playlists created on other streaming platforms thanks to the Soundiiz tool.

When you click the link it takes you to a page in French, with no option for English. Can anyone relate their knowledge or experience with particular optionality? 

There is info on Qobuz and Soundiiz along with tutorials here.

I have extensive playlists that I made in the pre-streaming era. I tried Soundiiz to export to Qobuz, but it really didn't work well and I gave up on Soundiiz.

Infuriated by MQA two years ago, I switched to Qobuz from Tidal and never looked back. Agree that Apple sounds better than it's given credit for, and anyhow my old iTunes/Apple Music playlist can never be replicated. But that plays only on my backup system. Some rainy day (or pixie dust day, which seems no less likely) I'll get around to loading that playlist into Aurender for comparison with Qobuz and good streaming radio sources.

On a side note, I learned that you can export your Roon playlists to Excel.  My Nucleus crashed, and I was not able to recover from my backup due to 'corrupt database'.  So I later learned that in addition to a back-up, it is good to export your playlists.  You must 'select all' to allow the export tab to appear in Roon.  A great idea in case you loose your Roon data and need to rebuild you obscure favorites!