3 responses Add your response
Aries - this is a huge can of worms and to answer it depends on so many factors, like...
- what level of SQ are you hoping for
- what I the resolution of stations you want to stream
- is streaming Internet content your only aim
- what level of computer expertise do you have
- do you want to control playback remotely
- do you want multi room sound distribution
- and many more
The simplest and cheapest solution would be connecting the stereo audio outputs on your tablet to your audio system via a pair of reasonable quality interconnects - perhaps you should start here - just to dip your toe in the waters :-)
To improve sound quality, but keeping it relatively simple, you could get a dedicated player like the Bluesound Node, but then you are tied into their product line for future upgrades. But that may not be a bad thing if you want to extend the flexibility to multi room playback
Next level up in sound quality is using your laptop to connect to a DAC - either via a USB or optical connection.
If your sound quality requirement is just for "pretty good" sound, then there are many very affordable DAC's out there starting from around $100 that will suit.
If you are looking for audiophile grade sound - then it becomes much more complex/expensive/technical.
Take your time to assess your need/wants/desires first
The number of streaming products and options is dizzying.
There are many products from many companies, so if I were in your position...
- I'd take my time and get an idea of the available features
- then list the features I think I might like to use
- then go look for something that fits
If you have a smart phone - you could start by using something like this...
Or even an Apple TV
As I said - it can get complex real fast
Hope that provides some insight