Streamers?

I have 2 dacs.
I like the r2r ladder dac for some music and the delta sigma for others.
I mainly listen to streaming, qobuzz and tidal, with masters and hires qobuz.
I do not yet have a network streamer though.  I cannot find one that I prefer and, being rural, I don’t want to start just running through streamers since it is a long drive into town to send equipment back (for those that allow inhome trials) so mqa pass through, dsd 512, 32/384 preferred.

Everything I listen to is sent from phone over bt ldac.. (not great)
I would like to fix that so I can play tidal masters, qobuz and my dsd files through streamer to, selectable, outputs to each dac.. preferably using the streamer to login to the services directly and not be required to have the path run through my phone or ipad and then to the dac.
Also, I would really like to find a network streamer that caches an entire track prior to beginning playback.   It is frustrating and really irritating, to start a track and have it interrupted 4-5 times during playback of ONE track because of my network here.
I actually have 3 internet services right now: starlink, a local wireless ISP and an

t-mobile 5g “hotspot” device on its own 100gb/month line. (ie, not shared with phone) and each of them have network “drops” of the stream.

One with cd ripper would be fine, but I do not need another dac, amplifier nor pre-amp, nor do I need roon etc.

Anything under $3000 would be great.. I cannot afford a $10000 network streamer..

Figured I would ask.. also am pursuing a daphile server, just waiting on hardware (at least, if it doesn’t meet needs, I can use for something else)

Thank you,

Matt

nevada_matt

Rockrider,

My mother taught me to ignore puerile comments, so I am ignoring.

@nglazer wrote: "I have ordered the Holo Red streamer ($800) to replace the streamer card in my PS Audio DSD Mk I DAC. As streamer costs go, this one is modest, but we'll see what improvement is wrought. "

I recently purchased the iFi Neo Streamer and use it via the fiber optical input.  My LAN is also all-fiber (immediately after the ONT), so this is a YMMV kind of statement.  But in my setup, the iFi was/is almost indistinguishable from the PSA Bridge II even though I was feeding it via I²S from the iFi.  Honing in my network a few years back proved to be a much greater impact on the sound (ie. adding LPS units in place of cheap SMPS, inserting Sonore FMCs, EtherRegen, etc).

@nglazer 

Thanks for letting me know my question came across as puerile. Sorry about that.

But it is a serious question, since a genuine Nordost ODIN AES cable is 5 figures USD.  You were kind enough to include your cable setup in the description.  I agree that cable choices are important.

I hope you choose to let us know along with your assessment of the Holo Red, so we will have your complete picture.