Streamer upgrade? follow up.

I posted the first part of this earlier in the week. There are a few other threads running concurrently here about this same subject.This is my personal experience with this situation.Ive been using a Aurender A100 streamer/dac which is they’re entry level unit, the SQ wasn’t horrible but I was pretty sure I could get it better.In a attempt to do that I purchased a Denafrips Pontus two and a DhLabs Mirage Usb cable to use with the A100 utilizing its Usb out.The two local hi fi dealers here in SO Cal both told me this would not produce much of an result and in my opinion after trying it they were both correct. So… as I stated in the first post I was coming from a “bit is bits” perspective which was I was convinced adding a better Dac would accomplish my goals, I just couldn’t believe that the zeros and ones  could possibly effect the quality of sound. But not being one to give up I decided in for penny in for a pound Id see for myself if there was anything to the other side of this conversation, I wanted a new toy for Xmas anyway.So I traded my A100 plus some cash to TMR ( nice people btw) for a shiny new Aurender N200 which arrived yesterday. Last night the moment of truth, I hooked up the new unit with the exact same everything as before in my system nothing different but the streamer.I let the tubes and everything else warm up for a few hours,picked a song I knew inside and out sat down and pressed play. Immediately within the first few notes of the Stones “ Wild Horses “ I knew I had made the right choice and that I was wrong believing  bits are bits “. I really don’t have adequate language to describe the difference in sound quality other than to say I feel like Im in someone else’s home listening to they’re far superior system, its that drastic.I can with complete confidence say this has got to be one of if not the most significant upgrades Ive made in my system, scouts honor!              PS. Grinin ear to ear here.                                                            

bikeboy52

I upgraded my TP modified Node to the Aurender N150 (one step down from the N200 that I also own) into my Pontus II.  Teddy Pardo is a nice improvement to the Node but the Aurender eats it for lunch.  Haven't tried the N200 with the Pontus yet, but imagine it will be better yet.

@marco1 

Teddy Pardo is a nice improvement to the Node but the Aurender eats it for lunch

Not surprising 

Charles

"Last night the moment of truth, I hooked up the new unit ..."

Seems like you spent more time writing your review than listening. Can we all atleast agree that these first impressions would carry more weight after a few days of listening, maybe. It's kind of like a new groom in his honeymoon suite writing about his impressions of married life. Happy you're blown away.

I know you can’t imagine what you have not experienced…..but, I’m waiting for any professional, reviewer, hobbyist or other to objectively define just how and why a $6k streamer only can yield better results other than other the mantra: Trust us, we are better.

two many side by side tests with Nodes and others vs. Lumin and others where groups of listeners can’t tell the difference.

tons of experiences of customers with extra $ to burn on a gorgeous streamer who justify their emotional purchases with reviews exactly like the OPs. Aurender admits on tHeir web site that the power supply is the key. That makes sense.

but to think that for an additional $5k they can make Tidal Connect sound better is just not sound logic u less they offer a tangible defense other than consumer enth

usiasm.

I certainly WOULD give it a try but I need WiFi connection and have a perfect 800mb connection. Lumin, aurender, auralic all require direct Ethernet and that would be a pain as I have a 120 yo home with thick brick walls. 

can aurender do wifi?