Streamer recommendations for dummies.

I’m new at this.
I need an e-net streaming device for AirPlay that can be set to a specific gain to prevent iTunes users from overwhelming my amp with the preset volume on their device. Anything above 60% is too much.
It would be nice to be able to EQ at the streamer as well, but the big problem is volume; when an iOS or OSX device sends a song to my amp at high volume (ear bud volume) it basically blows my bookshelf speakers off the stand.
Equipment:
amp: Hegel H160 -150 W RMS X2,   32-bit AKM DAC @ 24/192 except USB at 24/96 on 1 GB e-net.
speakers: SF Concerto on stands.Ben
casteeb
That's with the node2 at max output.Apparently the gain on the Hegel network interface (AirPlay) is way higher than the other digital and analog inputs.So now I have the opposite problem, yes iTunes users will not be able to crank the volume to 100% and blow out a speaker, but if any source other  than node2i connects the volume will be set to 75% (it changes the volume on all inputs if you change any 1 input).This machine is full of surprises....I'm going to mess with it a while and see if I justify the $500...After more testing I believe the Hegel DAC is better then Node2i.
After more testing I believe the Hegel DAC is better then Node2i.
That is not a surprise as I owned both the H300 and the H160 and found the DAC to be a lot better than my Vault.

Even though the 2i versions are supposed to be better DAC than previous it would have to be a major increase to best the Hegel DAC which are actually very good for an integrated amp.
Well, after toying a little more with the node2i it seems the audio gain when streaming from sources "other than" iPhone is really quite good. Streaming from Synology NAS, and online content has me locking the Hegel H160 at about 65% volume and running everything through BluOS app, that stuff works. Very happy with Hegel DAC and amount of gain.
Checked with my Hegel rep and verified running a steady 65% 24x7 on H160 is a non-issue so ....it seems the node2i is a keeper.All good.

Any thoughts on the Pro-Ject box series?  I think there are low priced streaming models.  I like the idea of the Node, but I have a good 96/24 DAC, and I wish there was an affordable streaming DAC with a better DAC section and good user interface (Android app; I can't afford Room right now).  My best thought on this now is Node 2i to iFi Black Label DAC, but I would also want a tablet, so the package is around $1200.  I might have grabbed that Oppo DAC if it did gapless.  Where is the new Squeezebox Touch when you need it?!?