Streamer choices and help

I'm trying to decide which direction to go and some informed opinions could help. I've been a long time Sonos user but I want to be able to do more hires.. I currently have a Sonos ZP90 with the W4S/ Cullen re-clocker upgrade. On RBCD it sounds really excellent and I love the Sonos functionality and stability; I currently have three zones and plan on keeping two. 

I recently purchased a new Bluesound node 2i.  I've got about 100 hours of break in / use on it. The modified Sonos sounds a bit better until I switch to hires then the Node edges it out.

I'm using both as streamers feeding a Chord Qutest, which sounds amazing, and will continue to use.

I'm trying to find a single unit that will sound as good as the Sonos and the Node without being stupidly expensive. I was thinking of an Auralic Aries.. but it was discontinued, guess it was too good for too little money?? I also was thinking of the small Aurender but I don't really need a a hard drive and from what I can tell no Wifi which is a deal breaker. 

So any ideas would be helpful, maybe I missed something?
axeis1

Showing 2 responses by oldschool1948

Take a look at the Innous line of streamers.  The reviews overall are excellent.  You’ll likely find one in your price range.  I use a 2TB Zenith MKII into a Mytek Liberty DAC.  Sounds really good, although I do plan to audition it with a Qutest.
Not to steal this thread, but the poster seems to have made a decision.

Right you are!!  I'll let you know how my auditioning goes.