Strange Problem: Philips 867 Turntable ...Please read

The turntable is plugged in to my RGR Pre-amp and yet the turntable will NOT power on UNLESS I turn Amp on.

The turntable will then function fine.

WHY do you think this is happening ?

I have plugged in turntable directly into wall outlet ...still no power!

Does this mean the turntable needs a signal from the AMP as well as the pre-amp in order to work?

Opinions please

rocky1313

Same explanation:

The power amplifier switch–on surge sent a pulse signal triggered the table to turn on.

IF plugged in the turntable directly into wall outlet and touch the 33 or 45 speed panel still can't turn on the table, your table is not working properly and service is needed.

Please explain . 

I have turntable plugged in to my pre-amp ... the turntable will power on only when Amp is also turned on.

If plugged in the turntable directly into wall outlet and touch the 33 or 45 speed panel still can't turn on the table, the only explanation I can think of is when switch on the RGR Pre-amp, its switch contact arced and sent a pulse signal triggered the table to turn on. That could be sign of dying electrolytic capacitors in the table power supply that can't provide clean power for the touch sensor circuit.  

I have plugged in turntable directly into wall outlet ...still no power!

The power source coming from the RGR preamp switched outlets does not tally with this assertion by the OP.

Ok is the receptacle, switched too? You have to start with 120vac and I'm sure you'll be just fine.

Second is Bitcoin considered taxable income?

I wonder if I could swing a Roller and a good looking, good female bodyguard/chauffeur with bitcoin? I don't want the kiss of life from some burly dude. Just lookin' to the future.. :-)

Regards

Post removed 

You said you have the RGR preamp. Turntable won't turn on unless the amp is on. Right away I think this is one of those cheap deals with switched outlets. Just to be sure though I do a search. Sure enough, there is a RGR preamp with two SWITCHED outlets on the back. This being the only thing that makes sense, and makes total sense, well read my reply.

First I get a dig in at fuzztone, saying he has no clue. Like we don't all know that already. Then I totally answer your question. That is the right answer, isn't it??

When someone is able to answer with specificity questions of such a precise nature for free, would you not agree they are underpaid? 

Now if you would be so kind as to slip me a few Satoshi to my bitcoin address.....

I just read your reply.  Please explain.Are you Responding to my post or someone else? Because it no sense.   Thanks.

Or maybe the search bar?

The turntable is plugged into the amp. The picture I’m looking at it says right on the outlet SWITCHED.

They aren’t paying me anywhere near enough are they snilf?