Strange Problem: Philips 867 Turntable ...Please read

The turntable is plugged in to my RGR Pre-amp and yet the turntable will NOT power on UNLESS I turn Amp on.

The turntable will then function fine.

WHY do you think this is happening ?

I have plugged in turntable directly into wall outlet ...still no power!

Does this mean the turntable needs a signal from the AMP as well as the pre-amp in order to work?

Opinions please

rocky1313

Showing 2 responses by millercarbon

You said you have the RGR preamp. Turntable won't turn on unless the amp is on. Right away I think this is one of those cheap deals with switched outlets. Just to be sure though I do a search. Sure enough, there is a RGR preamp with two SWITCHED outlets on the back. This being the only thing that makes sense, and makes total sense, well read my reply.

First I get a dig in at fuzztone, saying he has no clue. Like we don't all know that already. Then I totally answer your question. That is the right answer, isn't it??

When someone is able to answer with specificity questions of such a precise nature for free, would you not agree they are underpaid? 

Now if you would be so kind as to slip me a few Satoshi to my bitcoin address.....

Or maybe the search bar?

The turntable is plugged into the amp. The picture I’m looking at it says right on the outlet SWITCHED.

They aren’t paying me anywhere near enough are they snilf?