Straight up comparison REL T7 subwoofer vs Sunfire SDS 12 woofer. Preferences or opinions?

I already own the Sunfire. I've got a solid bargain on the REL T7 and have verified it works fine.

The other gear is a B&K Pro-10 Sonata preamp, a matching B&K ST 202+  Sonata amplifier, OPPO BDP-105 Blu-ray player for source material and Monitor Audio Silver RX8 speakers. Room is 20x20x13. Is swapping my Sunfire out for the REL really going to make that much difference?

Thanks!

j

stereoisomer

Well, thanks for questioning my sanity while only mildly insulting me. I guess I'll go spend $45,000 for a subwoofer. Would that cover it? Jesus. Once upon a time Audiogon was a nice place to visit.

oldheavymec

What is decoupling in your mind? Thanks

And what is a butt plate?

I have a Sunfire sds8 and a Rel T7x. I don’t think you’ll see too much of an improvement. IMO the better quality Rel’s start at the S series (or previous R series).  My T7x still breaking in but notice quite a difference between it and the R328, S5, and S5SHO’s that I have. I’d just stick with the Sunfire (I’ve always been impressed with my little sds8)

Thank you for your thoughtful and intelligent reply. This is exactly what I was looking for.