Stop Making Sense Revisited

Whoa, hadn't played SMS in a while, cd version. What a treat! Lit up my Proac's - punchy to say the least. Pull it out, but invite some friends over to enjoy the music. Definitely a system demo quality recording. 
mcondo
It’s a great punchy sounding record-- at least on vinyl. mastered at sterling.
I saw them just before they got famous- playing a pizzeria in Pittsburgh (sounds like a bad joke) on Halloween- $10- buck cover, or whatever got you a couple slices of pizza and a drink! (The drummer was from the ’Burgh - in a band called Gravel). I had no idea who The Talking Heads were- a friend who was pretty astute about emerging bands took me.
I have some odd connections to them, including through the law biz. It’s a very small world. Jonathan Demme was a neighbor- we didn’t really know each other, but would recognize each other, and talk about everything but who he was. I’m not even sure he knew my name.
When we got hit with Hurricane Sandy, a bunch of local musicians put together a benefit at The Turning Point in Piermont, and Jonathan acted as a sort of master of ceremonies to help draw a crowd.
Take a look at the Dynamic Range Database for SMS - maybe the best numbers I have ever seen. Way green!
Sounds great on the BluRay disc. And the visual is very entertaining. Amazing what they could do with such a simple set. And their energy level is so high!