Stock McCormack DNA 225 vs DNA 1 Rev A

hi all,

other than power issues, how does the stock dna 225 stack up against the tried and tested DNA 1 Rev A amplifier ?

Do i get the feeling the modded one would be better in refinement, midrange and high's ?

perhaps someone can share some comments regards this matter.
nolitan

Showing 2 responses by 4yanx

I liked very much my stock DNA-225. However, having Steve and Kris upgrade it to include Steve's Platinum Revision has made it one of the best amps I've ever heard, at any price (and that is quite a few).
What are you, the on topic, police?

I have not owned a DNA1 and, unlike some of us, I try not to say too much about things I have not owned personally. I've heard the DNA-1 and I think the 225 bests it stock for stock. I also heard a DNA-1 Deluxe that was "A" modded and I'd not wager my system that the stock DNA-225 sounded better - but being too far removed from the listening of each, I could be wrong - which is why I did not mention it originally. The modded DNA-225 bests the modded DNA-1 by a large margin, IMHO. That I can recall CLEARLY. Besides, there is now the Revision A "Gold" for the DNA-1 so what was once the "Full Monty" (as in the old link you provide) is no longer the Full Monty, anyway.

There aren't a flood of folks having expereince in a stock DNA-225 as compared to a modded DNA-1 to provide context for the OP - nor are there to omany to make the comparison of any version of these two head-to-head. I was trying to give him some helpful input of any kind since it sounded like he might be considering a buying decision. I'll let the OP decide whether it was useful to HIM, or not. Whether it is on point to YOU is irrelevant, no?